Regional Meeting – Central Michigan (CMG) – November 15, 2021
Activity Coordinator: Dave Bolen and Vanessa AronAgenda Items:
- Understand quality measures related to end of life.
- Implement strategies to address hospice and end‐of‐life care with patients.
- Integrate relevant content to provide cost‐effective healthcare that does not compromise care quality.
- Integrate relevant content to ensure multi‐specialty/multidisciplinary coordination of care.
Anticipated Meeting Outcomes:
- Decreased high‐risk or high‐burden interventions such as chemotherapy and hospitalizations at end of life
- Increased likelihood of inherited susceptibility to cancer being identified
- Increased likelihood of receiving appropriate anti‐nausea medications
- Increased awareness of how disparities impact patient care
Target Audience in the fields of Medical Oncology, Hematologic Oncology, Radiation Oncology, and Pharmacy, Hospice, and Social Work:
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Social Workers
- Other Healthcare Professionals
Continuing Education Credits:
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Is this a mandatory meeting?
Yes, one physician from each practice must attend this Regional Meeting to meet the participation requirements required by the Consortium. This is one of participation requirements that positions the practice to receive its annual CQI (MOQC) Value-based Payment (VBP) from BCBSM. Other members of the practice, including clinical team leaders and administrators are strongly encouraged to attend. Mid-level providers are welcomed but their attendance cannot be substituted for physicians’ attendance.
Who else can attend the Regional Meeting?
Due to our initiative with hospice enrollment, all Hospice Medical Directors, administrators and social workers are strongly encouraged to attend.
How can I contact MOQC with any questions? You can reach MOQC at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-GET-MOQC (438-6672).
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? No, you do not need to bring your ticket to the event.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends? No, all attendees must register prior to the event. MOQC closed registration a few days prior to the event and you will not be allowed to register by Eventbrite. You can register by contacting the Coordinating Center at email@example.com or at 866-GET-MOQC (438-6672). Let us know if something comes up and you cannot attend. It is most appreciated.